Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Will YOU Be the CHANGE that YOUR 2012 Needs???



I wrote this post as a note on the last day of 2011 on my facebook wall. I have also decided to share it on my blog!


As I sit here on my facebook page and watch all of the wonderful post about 2012 I can’t help but wonder how many of these post are just that “POSTS”. By all means I am not trying to rain on anybody’s parade! For those who you who follow me on facebook, you know most of my post are Inspirational, Motivation and Encouragement but this time it’s about REALITY! I am a realist, and a very optimistic person but I have to share from the heart on today! In order for anything to CHANGE in life 1st, we must CHANGE. CHANGE will not happen until something CHANGES 1st. It makes no sense to make false promises to ourselves about what we are going to accomplished, & what we are going to do without putting actions behind those promises. The only thing that separates 2011 from 2012 is 1 day, 1 minute and 1 sec to be exact. As I sit here and write this, I too will be using this day as a day of reflection. What are my strengths? What are my weaknesses? Did I accomplish the things that I desired to accomplish in 2011? If not, why? What could have been differently and what will I do differently to get different results. And…. if I wasn’t able to accomplish those things, what about “ME” needs changing in order to accomplish them next year. Have I set realistic goals for myself or am I just mirroring after the behavior of another person with the [hopes] that I will be able to accomplish what they have. We can’t just sit back hoping for things to change without effort on our part. As you reflect back over the past few years 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008 etc… what are you going to PURPOSE to do differently that will yield different results in 2012. Whether it’s a better spiritual life, a more stronger walk with God, better health, better marriage, better in relationships, more successful in your business(es). You are the one who ultimately make the difference!
Be real with yourself! Ask yourself a few questions?
What about “ME” needs to CHANGE so that my 2012 will CHANGE?
Do I have a clear written vision about where I am headed?
Do I believe that I can be Successful, have more, walk in greatness?
Do I procrastinate often?
Do I believe that I can be Successful, have more, walk in greatness?
How are my work habits?
How much time am I going to spend working on me?
What kind of walls that I have up that needs coming down?
How much of my past do I need to let go so that I can be released to my future.
Am I mean, am I angry? Do I blame others for my failures?
Am I attached to the correct group of people, mentor or coach that can provide me some guidance of getting there?
LET’S BE REAL! WE ARE GROWN!
The list of questions can go on and on but I will keep it at that for now. Again, Just my perspective as I sit here and see all of these wonderful post on facebook about 2012! Just being


Real and Raw on that last day of 2011~


The 2012 encouraging post will come momentarily (lol) Check back soon!!!


~Lenika Scott~
Proud Mompreneur of 6 Precious Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment